Founded in 1961, the Association of American Women in Europe (AAWE) is a bicultural community of American women primarily in France and in Europe and around the world. We offer activities for all stages of life, both personally and professionally. We foster an environment that enables our members to create bonds, develop supportive networks and lifelong friendships.
AAWE is a vibrant, active, diverse and multi-generational association. Our community is for American women and women with strong American ties looking for a cultural “home,” an advocacy base, an information source, personal and professional support, social networks, and an avenue for community service. We accompany women throughout their life in France, Europe and wherever they call home.
The vision of AAWE is to be the reference for women with strong American ties looking for a cultural “home,” an advocacy base, an information source, a support and social network, and an avenue for community service.
AAWE is a non-profit volunteer association of American women who, as permanent residents of France, share interests specific to bicultural living.
AAWE’s mission is to:
• support its members at all stages of life.
• provide information relevant to their evolving needs, including bilingualism, education, citizenship, voting, and legal rights.
• create bonds, lifelong friendships, and support networks.
• maintain American cultural heritage and promote its transmission to members’ children.
• contribute to the wider community through public events, publications, and community service.
• encourage cross-cultural understanding.